The Partnership to Fight Chronic Disease invites you to celebrate
CONNECTICUT DIABETES HEART CONNECTION DAY
Type 2 diabetes is the 7th leading cause of death in Connecticut, but the actual toll is even higher. 2 out of 3 deaths in people with type 2 diabetes are attributed to cardiovascular disease nationally.
Please join us for an important discussion on the co-occurrence of diabetes and cardiovascular disease with:
- Dr. Mehul Dalal, Chronic Disease Director, CT Dept. Public Health
- Cindy Kozak, Diabetes Prevention & Control, CT Dept. Public Health
- Betty Hill, Nurses Ministries, Mt. Aery Church
- Karen Graffeo, Progam Manager, DiabetesSisters
- Randy Rutta, Partnership to Fight Chronic Disease (PFCD)
- Lisa Neff, Community Health Director, American Heart Association
TUESDAY APRIL 10
9:00am - 10:30am
LEGISLATIVE OFFICE BUILDING
2ND FLOOR BREAKOUT AREA
*WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO SHARE THIS INVITE WITH YOUR CONTACTS IN CT*
Making the Diabetes Heart Connection allows you to make a difference for the one in five adults with type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. For more information, visit www.diabetesheartconnection.org to learn more about the problem and help raise awareness.