|When||Thursday, September 22, 2011
12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
Lunch will be served in compliance with the widely attended event exception to the congressional gift ban rules.
|Where||U.S. Capitol Visitor Center, Room HVC-201 (House Side), Washington, D.C.|
With chronic diseases driving costs, deaths, and disability, finding better ways to prevent and manage illness offers the greatest potential to bend the health care cost curve. With a focus on ways to encourage healthy behaviors, stretch budgets and generate results, there is a growing need to implement health indices and other evaluation tools that track progress and demonstrate value for the health care dollars spent.
In the third "Partnerships in Health" event, the Partnership to Fight Chronic Disease and WellPoint will explore how health indices can identify areas of opportunity within various populations and help target interventions to produce measurable improvements that lead to better health. In addition to information about WellPoint's Member Health Index, Verizon will be discussing the importance of how they use a health index. Healthways will discuss the benefits offered by its Well-Being Index as a critical information source for employers looking to influence people's well-being and lifestyle decisions, and, by extension, their on-the-job performance.
- The Honorable Erik Paulsen, U.S. Congressman, 3rd District Minnesota
- Kenneth Thorpe, Ph.D., Executive Director, Partnership to Fight Chronic Disease; Robert W. Woodruff Professor and Chair, Department of Health Policy & Management, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University
- Sarah Sampsel, MPH, Health Index Strategies Director, WellPoint
- Audrietta Izlar, Benefits Manager, Verizon
- John Harris, M.Ed., FAWHP, Vice President Innovations and Chief Wellness Officer, Healthways, Inc.