Please join us Wednesday April 9th for a forum addressing our senior obesity crisis.
Registration: 8:30 a.m.
Program: 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Location: University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Scaife Hall
3550 Terrace Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Lecture Room 6 – 4th Floor
Refreshments will be provided
Parking: Presby Garage, 255 Lothrop Street Pittsburgh, PA 15213
RSVP: www.PFCDforum.RSVPify.com RSVP not required, but appreciated
Forum includes perspectives from:
- Tommy G. Thompson - ￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼Former Governor of Wisconsin and Former U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services
- Ken Thorpe, PhD - Chairman of the Partnership to Fight Chronic Disease, Professor and Chair at the Rollins School of Public Health at Emory University, and Former Deputy Assistant Secretary for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Karen Hacker, MD, MPH - Director Allegheny County Health Department and leader of the Live Well Allegheny Initiative. Former Executive Director of the Institute for Community Health, Associate Professor Harvard Medical School and School of Public Health and Adjunct Professor University of Pittsburgh School of Public Health
- Vonda J. Wright, MD - UPMC orthopaedic surgeon and director of the Performance and Research Initiative for Masters Athletes (PRIMA) and previous research coordinator for the Summer National Senior Games – The Senior Olympics
- Gretchen North, MA, MS, CHES - Associate Vice President of Healthy Living for the YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh
- Heather Sedlacko, MS - Director, Programs for Seniors and People with Disabilities at the United Way of Allegheny County