Luncheon discussion regarding the obesity and its impact on the U.S. economy and health with an emphasis on Washington state. The event will examine work that is being done on a local level, national trends, and the role of government in this arena.
A panel discussion will feature:
- Ken Thorpe, Ph.D, Executive Director, Partnership to Fight Chronic Disease
- Tommy G. Thompson, Former Governor of Wisconsin and U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary
- Dr. Lenna Liu, Seattle Children's Research Institute
- Dr. Ellen Schur, UW Nutrition and Obesity Research Centre
- Emily Cooper, Founder and Medical Director, Diabesity Research Foundation
DATE & TIME
October 2, 2014
11:30 a.m – 1:30 p.m.
Seattle Chamber of Commerce
1301 5th Ave #1500
For more background, read this recent article from Seattle Business Magazine by Tommy G. Thompson.